This is an international leader in money transfer services which allows customers to receive and transfer money worldwide. It is successful because the system allows for quick, reliable and convenient availability of funds throughout the year.
In order to send money using Western Union you must have the following:
• Identity card
• The amount of money you wish to send in Tanzanian Shilling,
• Two names of the Receiver and country he or she is in.
• Identity of the receiver and documents supporting the transfer eg. college admission letter, invitation letter, pro forma invoice or invoice etc.
In receiving money using Western Union, The Teller will ask you for:
• Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN number with ten digits)
• Answer to the test question this is optional
• Approximate amount of money you expect to receive
• Sender’s first and last name and the country from where the money was sent.
• A photo identity document (see below for accepted forms of ID in Tanzania).